Visual Art For Kids is made for students to explore how to express themselves through creativity!
Each project given will be very open allowing the students to come up with fun and creative ways to represent their own ideas through art making.
Every week students will be given an inspiration to base their artwork on for example a sound or photograph and a medium to work in like painting or collage. The main goal of the class is to teach students how to come up with their own creative ideas from a given inspiration and use art making methods to present their own interesting ideas.
For example “Today we are going to be listening to a sound and I want you guys to draw the sound!”
This challenges the students’ creative minds to both work openly and within guidelines.
Children will explore visual art making techniques including
Materials provided will include a variety of pencils and coloured pencils, paint and paint brushes, plasticine and styrofoam, glue and craft materials, pastels/ crayons and water colours.
Teacher – Zach Wankmuller. Zach is currently studying Visual Art and Education at QUT. He also holds a degree in Branded Design and has worked as a designer for Crumpler
This class is suitable for children aged 8 – 12 and can be adapted to suit all levels of ability and experience.
- When: Saturdays Term 3 2021 starting late July (limited dates)
- Where: The Substation,150 Enoggera Terrace, Paddington Qld 4064
- Time: 2:30pm – 4pm
- Age: Suitable for children aged 8 – 12
- What to wear: Clothes that you feel comfortable moving in, and you don’t mind getting a little messy (aprons are also provided).
- Cost: $20 per class . Fee includes all materials. You can choose the dates you want to attend. (spaces are limited. Booking early is recommended)