Free drawing and painting workshops for children. During the sessions children will be guided by artist facilitators to draw and paint birds that are common to our local Brisbane environment.
Painting the birds of Brisbane will help children and carers to appreciate the beauty and the importance of birds once common to our gardens. It is our hope that this work will create awareness of the importance of our environment and will inspire positive actions that help our native birds survive and thrive in our gardens.
A collaborative, local project fostering creative conversations about conservation and local impact. Each week will focus on different birds. Hands on Art will choose a couple of art works over the course of the workshops and these artists will receive a special prize.
- 5 Sept Parrots and Cockatoos
- 12 Sept Willy wagtails and Bee-eaters
- 19 Sept Honey-eaters and Song birds
- 26 Sept Cuckoos and visiting bird
- 3 Oct Pardalotes and another little birds
- 10 Oct Night birds (Owls and Curlews) and other night birds
Class sizes are limited and bookings are essential for our workshops. OR you can join us from home by downloading our
- Birds of Brisbane poster
- Birds of Brisbane descriptions
- Birds of Brisbane colouring in sheet
- Birds of Brisbane Competition entry form
Birds of Brisbane is a collaborative, local project fostering creative conversations about conservation and local impact.
These sessions are delivered with the generous support of Brisbane City Council
With special thanks to Cr Peter Matic and the Paddington Ward Office