Our ideas artists can help develop a fresh approach to art workshops, public art, designing outdoor art spaces or developing community festival events.
Art Clubs are a great way to practice your creativity and bring the community together. Call us for a consultation on how to set one up.
Contact us for an overview of our how to be creative workshops offered to parents, caregivers and teachers.
We also offer a public speaker with a wealth of knowledge, funny stories and practical advice on creative play spaces, childrens art clubs and working creatively with children.
This is for children to get creative while their parents can drop in for coffee all at the Substation. Every week new opportunities will be presented: to play with clay, pencils, paint, collage, and construct from a variety of materials.
What You Will Learn:
- Children will be encouraged to paint, draw and construct from their imagination.
- Children will learn about being creative.
- Children will how to work with a variety of materials.
What You Get
- Children will take home something they have made: And the feeling of being creative, guided, and supported.
What to Bring
- All materials will be supplied.
What to Wear
- Wear clothes that can get dirty!
$7.50 per hour at Hands on Art, 150 Enoggera Terrace, Paddington.
â€¢ Every Saturday for all children (children under 5 to be supervised by a parent or other responsible person) -drop in anytime between 8:30am to 12:30pm!
â€¢ ‘Little Kids Do Art’ Wednesdays from 10am- 12pm (generally kids under 5).
â€¢ ‘Kids Do Art on Holidays’ Run during the school holidays for 2015 -an exciting drop in any time for art and crafts, Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 10am – 12pm for primary aged children at $7.50 per hour.
Come and join us, pay on the day with no pre-booking required.
For more information:
Like us on Facebook
The Substation Gallery and Coffee Shop would like to invite you to their Acoustic Night
Come and play an instrument. Poetry readings, music, open performances…show us your stuff!
Drinks available 6pm till late
Friday Nights, 6pm – 9pm. Call 31611231.
at The Substation, 150 Enoggera Terrace, Paddington
Like us on Facebook
Our workshops for school children are about engaging creative minds. We help them:
- think for themselves and come up with novel solutions
- work cooperatively
- master technical skills
- develop confidence in their abilities
- apply creative thinking to other areas of learning such as writing, science and maths
Our team at Hands on Art can structure a workshop around an existing unit theme or can formulate a workshop specificly for the participating school.
Festivals and Events
Hands on Art will add creative flair to your festival or special event. We develop and deliver a unique program of activities specific to your requirements.
We design and conduct workshops for a diverse range of groups including:
- child and youth welfare groups
- disadvantaged communities
- groups and schools with special needs
- multicultural groups